We are pleased to announce the introduction of the UTM Fastpitch Scholarship program.
This program is designed to recognize those who have been playing in a Women's Competitive Fastpitch program for a minimum of 2 years, and will be attending college or university for the first time in the fall of 2019. There are two bursaries of $500. These bursaries are being offered in recognition of those who have made and continue to make fastpitch an important part of their lives.
One bursary will be awarded to a player who has played with the UTM organization for at least 2 years. The second will be open to other members of the softball community.
To apply, click on the button below to go to the online application. Below are several things you will need to have ready before submitting your application.
1. Details of which softball organizations that you have been a part of for the last 5 years
2. Where you will be going to school starting in the fall of 2019 and what you will be studying
3. Details of any community service or volunteer work that you have done in the last 5 years
4. Two or more references from a coach, teacher or employer supporting your bid for the scholarship
5. A description of how this scholarship would support your continuing education and what it would mean to you
The submission deadline for 2019 is Sunday June 23rd 2019.
All applications received will be reviewed by an appointmented advisory committee comprised of members of the UTM Fastpitch organization. A decision on the winners/recipients of these awards will be announced mid-July depending on the number of applications received and the time it will take the committee to review. Payment of the award is subject to confirmation that the winner is indeed enrolled in a post-secondary program commencing in the fall of 2019
- 2-years playing time for UTM Fastpitch is defined as completed seasons in 2016, 2017, 2018, and/or part of a registered on a UTM team 2019
- Post Secondary is defined as Canadian College, University, or other school that leads to a Diploma or Degree
- Applicants under the age of 18 require parents permission to apply
- Successful applicants will be required to provide confirmation of enrollment prior to payment being processed
- Succesful applicants agree to have their name, photo made public on the UTM Fastpitch website, as well as UTM Social Media Outlets